This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Roundhill Farmhouse
Roundhill Farmhouse is located in Kelston, Bath and offers two guest rooms, one with a private en-suite, the other with an adjacent private bathroom.
Roundhill Farmhouse and the guest accommodation are situated on a shared access drive, which leads to the premises and 3 barn conversions which make up the farmstead. It is surrounded by trees, gardens and fields and faces sweeping views across Kelston Park, across the A431 from the front, where the two rooms are situated. The centre of the World Heritage city of Bath is typically less than 10 minutes by car from the property and the route takes in beautiful elevated views of the Avon valley below.
Breathtaking circular views from the Kelston Roundhill – overlooking Bath City, Bristol and reaching to the Black Mountains in Wales, are a 15 minute walk away from the house. Kelston Weir on the River Avon is also short walk through the village and across the fields – or just 2 minutes by car – and a short walk along the river brings you to the cycle path into Bath or Bristol.
From Kelston Village, the bus into Bath and into Bristol stops regularly (outside the village pub) and is 500 metres from the house. Bristol City Centre is less than 12 miles away and Bristol International Airport is just 35 minutes away by car. Roundhill Farmhouse has been carefully renovated over 10 years and the bed and breakfast accommodation is accessed by the front guest staircase. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests, there are some original features of the building which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility. We have steps leading to the front door and a wide staircase leading to the first floor where the rooms are situated. Additional steps are found linking the super-king bedroom with ensuite bathroom.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone Vanessa on 07733263844 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• The No. 37 and 319 buses travel to and from Bath’s main bus station, on Dorchester Street every 20 minutes to a bus stop outside the The Old Crown Pub, 500 metres walk to Roundhill Farmhouse. The services connect with Cribbs Causeway at the other end of the line.
• Taxis can be hailed at the railway station or from next to the Abbey and will cost between £10-12 to deliver you to Roundhill Farmhouse. Most taxis can take four passengers, but larger cars are available by calling a local taxi company, or by visiting one of the offices either on Monmouth Street or South Parade.
• V-Cars: 01225 464646
• Abbey Taxis: 01225 444444
Car Parking and Arrival
• Off road parking is available at Roundhill Farmhouse.
• Parking is in front of the house ie. turn right through our open gateway immediately after entering the main driveway.
• Access to the both bedrooms is gained directly from the front door of the house.
• The front of the house is well lit at night for visibility.
Please knock on arrival and we will greet you – assistance can be given with luggage if required.
• Our guest rooms are accessed by a wide staircase leading to the first floor of the house
• Room 1 is lockable by a traditional key that we ask you to leave at the house in a given secure place. In the event the room key is lost we will have to make a charge for a new key to be cut – in the region of £80.00. The door of the room is 830mm x 1950 mm
• Room 2 is lockable by a traditional key that we ask you to leave at the house in a given secure place. In the event the room key is lost we will have to make a charge for a new key to be cut – in the region of £80.00. The door of the room measures 830mm x 1950 mm
• Our beds are made up with duvets and sheets.
• We offer feather /down and synthetic pillows in combination on the super king and king size beds.
• There is seating, bedside tables, bedside lamps provided in each room.
• Flat screen Freeview digital TV with subtitles are provided in both rooms.
• Room 1 has a super-kingsize bed, a dressing room area which leads to double-ended bath in the ensuite bathroom,
• The shower room and toilet is accessed via a doorway 740mm in width and three steps downwards
• The toilet is 420 mm in height
• The bath is 600 mm high
• There is a flexible head shower cubicle with a 500mm entry gap and a step of 200 mm, the shower height is 2000 mm.
• Room 2 has a kingsize bed and a private adjacent bathroom. The bathroom has a bath with built-in shower and a separate sink and toilet.
• The adjacent bathroom is accessed via a 750 mm x 1930 mm doorway
• The toilet is 420mm high
• The bath is 570mm high and the built-in shower has an access width of 690mm and height of 2000mm
• Temperatures of radiators can be adjusted in each room to suit individual requirements.
• There are automatic audible smoke alarms on the main landing outside each bedroom.
• There is a portable fire extinguisher situated on the main landing in between the two letting rooms.
• There is a sofa and low coffee table that can seat two in Room 1
• There is a small table and two chairs for seating in Room 2
• A continental breakfast is delivered to the rooms in the morning at between 8 and 9 am unless otherwise pre-arranged.
• Breakfast is the only meal that can be consumed in the rooms please.
• The table will be cleared daily and fresh breakfast is delivered daily.
• The large side garden, accessed from the main drive available to guests – children’s play equipment is available for use at guests own risk. Both courtyards and the rear garden remain private.
• We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests’ pets but we do of course welcome assistance dogs.
• There are ‘In Case of Fire’ instructions posted on the back of guest entry doors.
• There is an information folder for each of the bedrooms with maps, NHS facilities, local restaurants/pubs, travel, theatres and other local facilities and attractions.
• We have secure storage for cycles.
• Free Wi-Fi facilities are also available on request – wifi reception is variable.
• We are happy to cater for special diets or particular likes or dislikes with notice. Please advise us before your arrival.
• Refrigerators in the rooms can be used to store prescription medication.
• Mobile phone reception is generally good.
• Address : Roundhill Farmhouse, Bath, BA1 9AF
• Telephone: 01225 460734 or 07733 263844
• Email bookings: email@example.com
• Website: www.roundhillfarmhouse.com
• Hours Of Operation: Flexible within reason
• Local Carers: N/A
• Local Accessible Taxi: V Cars 01224 464646
• Local Public Transport: First Transport